Shimano Saragosa 5000 SWARegular price $259.99 Save $-259.99
|Reel Name:||Mono Line Cap. (test/yd):||Bearings:||Gear Ratio:||Power Pro Braid (lb/yd):||Max Drag (lb):|
|Shimano SRG5000SWAXG||10/240, 12/195, 14/165||5+1||
|20/245, 30/225, 40/175||22|
Undoubtedly raising the bar for large saltwater spinners, the Shimano Saragosa SW A Spinning Reels continue the Saragosa's legacy of absolutely dominating the saltwater realm. Back in 2013, the Saragosa SW set the standard for heavy-duty saltwater spinning reels with features like X-Ship, waterproof seals, and a twin drag system. In 2020, the new Saragosa SW A ups the ante in typical Shimano fashion by implementing Infinity Drive Technology. Taken from Shimano's top-of-the-line Stella SW C, Infinity Drive significantly increases winding torque while providing an incredibly smooth and light rotation under immensely heavy loads. The Infinity Drive System is designed to give you the ultimate edge when fighting the world's most powerful game fish. Built around the battle tested HAGANE Body, the reel maintains its rigidity under heavy loads to keep all internal components and gears in precise alignment, maximizing power output and extending the life of the reel for many seasons out in the deep. The cold forged HAGANE gears provide the rotational smoothness and effortless operability that anglers have come to expect from Shimano reels. Benefiting from multiple features to prevent water intrusion, such as a waterproof Cross Carbon drag, an IPX8-rated waterproof body, and X-Protect water repellant coating, the Saragosa SW A can take a splash or accidental submersion on the chin and keeping going without skipping a beat. Whether you're an inshore or offshore angler on any coast, the Saragosa SW A is a thoroughbred workhorse of a spinning reel ready to take on the biggest challenge your fishery has to offer.
Shimano Technology Found In Saragosa SW A Spinning Reels:
- Infinity Drive - Through the use of new main shaft supporting structure to eliminate friction within the pinion gear, reels with Infinity Drive achieve increased winding torque, along with an incredibly smooth and light rotation under heavy loads.
- Hagane Gear - Boasting amazing strength and durability, Hagane Gear is a process in which the gearing is calculated in minute detail and cold forged instead of being cut. This application of state-of-the-art technologies gives the angler reel smoothness from the first use through years of enjoyment.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to its stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- X-Tough Drag - X-Tough Drag with its dramatically enhanced smoothness, control, and toughness anticipates the vigorous speed of massive game fish such as Bluefin Tuna and Giant Trevally.
- Water-Resistant Drag - With the use of rubber gaskets the drag is sealed against intrusion of the elements such as water and dust.
- X-Protect - By combining a water repellant coating and a specially designed water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without adding weight or sacrificing light rotor rotation.
- X-Shield - X-Shield and X-Protect combine to provide extreme water resistance in the harshest conditions thanks to a number of strategically placed seals.
- IPX-8 Water-Resistant Body - IPX-8 is a water resistance rating that signifies the piece of equipment can be submerged, yet not necessarily operated, in over 1 meter of water for 30 minutes without damaging the equipment.
- Propulsion Line Management System - The most obvious component of this system is the Propulsion spool lip design, which has been proven through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations to provide longer casts while preventing backlashes and wind knots.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- One-Piece Bail - One-Piece Bail allows the line to travel unimpeded to the line roller. Its seamless design reduces friction and the change of tangles or cuts to the bail arm.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.